The paracetamol in Calpol SixPlus® Sugar/Colour Free Suspension is used to relieve pain such as tooth pain, headache, sore throat and aches and pains that come with colds and flu. It also brings down fever (high temperature).
Adults and children aged 12 years and over
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Patient Information Leaflets are updated periodically by the manufacturer.
- Children aged 6-8 years: One 5ml spoonful up to 4 times daily.
- Children aged 8-10 years: One 5ml and one 2.5ml spoonful up to 4 times daily.
- Children aged 10-12 years: Two 5ml spoonfuls up to 4 times daily.
- Children aged 12-16 years: Two-three 5ml spoonfuls up to 4 times daily.
- Adults and children over 16 years: Two-four 5ml spoonfuls up to 4 times daily.
Do not give more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period. Do not exceed the stated dose. Leave at least 4 hours between doses. Do not give this medicine to your child for more than 3 days without speaking to your doctor or pharmacist. Do not give to children under the age of 6 years. It is important to shake the bottle for at least 10 seconds before use.
WARNING: Do not give more medicine than the label tells you to.
CONTAINS PARACETAMOL: Do not
give with any other paracetamol containing
products. Read the package leaflet before use.
Do not take or give your child this medicine:
- If you or s/he has ever had a bad reaction to paracetamol or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
- If you or s/he is taking anything else with paracetamol in it. If any of these applies, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Calpol®.
As with all medicines, if your child is currently taking any other medicine or has a medical condition, or if an adult who is taking this medicine is pregnant, is currently taking any other medicine or has a medical condition, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product.
Do not store above 25°C. Store in
the original container to protect
from light. Keep the bottle tightly
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children
This is a medicine;
• Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
• Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
The active substance is paracetamol. Each 5 ml of oral suspension contains 250 mg paracetamol. The other ingredients are: Maltitol liquid (E965), sorbitol liquid (E420), glycerol, dispersible cellulose, xanthan gum, polysorbate 80, methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), acesulfame potassium (E950), sodium saccharin and purified water. The flavouring is imitation strawberry.